Jabreen Castle dates back to 1670. Its design and construction were supervised by the Al Immam BilArab bin Sultan Al Y`aribi (who now rests on the left side of the castle’s main entrance) and was built to resemble the most beautiful palaces of that period. This castle was a beautiful palace for the Immam and his family and a bastion during wartime. It was also a beacon of education and contained many study rooms.
The palace is a large rectangular building consisting of five floors and containing 55 rooms. A Falaj runs through the middle of the castle. This castle is distinguished by the inscriptions and frescoes that adorn its rooms. The castle’s ceilings are decorated with paintings and Islamic-era style inscriptions, and its doors are beautifully carved. All these architectural details make Jabreen Castle an authentic expression of Omani craftsmanship.